Frequently abbreviated as OS, an operating system is a powerful, and usually large, program that controls and manages the hardware and other software on a computer. After being initially loaded into a computer by a boot program, manages all the other programs in a computer.
Windows OS, computer operating system developed by Microsoft Corporation to run personal computers (PCs). Approximately 90 percent of PCs run some version of Windows. To buy Windows online, you may check Microsoft Store as well as some other stores like Amazon.
Windows Server is a group of operating systems designed by Microsoft that supports enterprise-level management, data storage, applications, and communications. A client version of Windows is a version that end-users or OEMs can install on personal computers, including desktop computers, laptops and workstations.
Microsoft Software | Windows 10 Home 64 Bit System Builder OEM | PC Disc
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro | USB Flash Drive
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit System Builder OEM
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32 Bit System Builder OEM | PC Disc
Microsoft Windows has seen nine major versions since its first release in 1985. Over 29 years later, Windows looks very different but somehow familiar with elements that have survived the test of time, increases in computing power and – most recently – a shift from the keyboard and mouse to the touchscreen.
Windows 10 – despite being the ninth version of Windows – is designed to unify all Windows platforms across multiple devices, including Windows Phone and tablets, with universal apps that can be downloaded from the Windows Store and run on all Windows devices.
Windows 10 is a personal computer operating system developed and released by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems. Windows 10 works seamlessly across all your devices. Start writing a document on your PC at the office; continue on your phone at the coffee shop, then finish up on your laptop at home. With Windows 10, you can pick up right where you left off.
How many different versions of Windows 10 are there?
There are seven different versions of Windows 10. Microsoft’s big sales pitch with Windows 10 is that it’s one platform, with one consistent experience and one app store to get your software from. But when it comes to buying the actual product, there will be seven different versions :
- Windows 10 Home, which is the most basic PC version. Home users will also be able to utilize the all-new Virtual Desktops option and Snap assist feature with up to 4 apps on one screen. Furthermore, they can also give a whirl to Continuum, a flagship feature of Windows 10 that lets you quickly switch from desktop mode to tablet mode.
- Windows 10 Pro, The Pro edition of Windows 10, in addition to all of Home edition’s features, offers sophisticated connectivity and privacy tools such as Domain Join, Group Policy Management, Bitlocker, Enterprise Mode Internet Explorer (EMIE), Assigned Access 8.1, Remote Desktop, Client Hyper-V, and Direct Access
- Windows 10 Enterprise, which will have extra management, features. We have some ideas of pricing here, as Microsoft is touting a $7/month Windows 10 Enterprise subscription for businesses that also includes a bunch of juicy, lucrative cloud services.
- Windows 10 Mobile for smartphones.
- Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise, which is like the one above, but with more business management features.
- Windows 10 Education, which is optimized for schools.
- Windows 10 IoT Core, which is for robots, smart sensors, and — well, if you need it, you’ll know it.
No worry about purchasing Anti-Virus software for Windows 10
Windows 10 won’t hassle you to install an antivirus like Windows 7 did. Since Windows 8, Windows now includes a built-in antivirus called Windows Defender (which used to be available separately as Microsoft Security Essentials).
Compare Windows 10 Home and Pro editions
|Productivity & User Experience|
|Continuum for Phones||Yes||Yes|
|Start Menu and Live Tiles||Yes||Yes|
|Voice, pen, touch, and gesture||Yes||Yes|
|Microsoft Edge (+ reading view PDF reader)||Yes||Yes|
|Windows Hello Companion Devices||Yes||Yes|
|Windows Information Protection||No||Yes|
|Windows Device Health Attestation service*||Yes||Yes|
|Xbox controller support (wired)||Yes||Yes|
|DirectX 12 graphic support||Yes||Yes|
|Game streaming (Xbox One to PC)||Yes||Yes|
|Business – Management and deployment|
|Mobile Device Management||Yes||Yes|
|Enterprise State Roaming with Azure Active Directory||No||Yes|
|Windows Store for Business||No||Yes|
|Windows Update for Business||No||Yes|
|Shared PC configuration||No||Yes|
|Take a Test||No||Yes|
|Azure Active Directory Domain Join, with single sign-on to cloud-hosted apps14||No||Yes|
|Enterprise Mode Internet Explorer (EMIE)||No||Yes|
Hardware Requirement for Windows 10
Processor : 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
RAM : 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
Hard disk space : 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
Graphics card : DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
Display : 800×600___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ www.makecustompc.com participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.